The SHA forum offers a valuable resource for feedback, discussion, help and interaction between SHA staff and SHA clients and carers. We strive to provide a knowledgeable, welcoming and friendly online community.
To make everybody's experience positive and safe, it is important that our discussion forum is a welcoming place to participate in informative discussions or seek invaluable advice from SHA clinicians.
To help us achieve this, we ask that you, as a user, adhere to the following rules;
1. Do not post offensive or derogatory messages to other users in the forum.
2. To protect your privacy, do not include personal information in posts or ask other users for personal information.
3. Feel free to provide useful website addresses, books, telephone numbers that are relevant to a discussion topic. However, you should not advertise or sell products as this is considered spam, which is strictly forbidden in the discussion forum.
4. By posting a comment to the SHA Forum, you are claiming responsibility for that comment and agreeing to the terms set forward herein.
5. SHA Forum Facilitators and Administrator may on rare occasions make a confidential referral to the appropriate SHA Service in response to postings or comments should this be deemed necessary only for the offer of specific support. The forum user will always be individually advised if and when such a referral is made.
1. Posts are monitored by an SHA staff facilitator and will be withdrawn if they are in breach of the rules as set out here.
2. Facilitators will be able to discuss with you any queries you may have about any rule.
3 The SHA Forum is an integral part of the Scottish Huntington's Association (SHA) and shall remain so. It is subject to the ruling of the SHA in all matters, and bound by the Memorandum and Articles of Association of the organisation.
If you require immediate emotional or psychological support then please contact our partners Breathing Space Scotland out of office hours on 0800 83 85 87 or at www.breathingspace.scot.
If you are currently not registered and would like to do so, please click HERE to contact us at SHA.